No products in the cart
AX27™ Clamshell Rooftop Tent
$4,495.00 Exc. Freight & Taxes
The AX27™ Clamshell Rooftop Tent is the ultimate in comfort, design & convenience with a range of industry leading features including a super strong extruded aluminium alloy frame, double layered canvas skin, large rainfly at sides and rear, and a dual layered 80mm mattress.
Be the envy of all around you as you set up or pack down in 60 seconds, with all your bedding and more stored inside your tent ready to go.
To help you fully customise your AX27™ Clamshell Rooftop Tent, there’s a wide range of accessories available to really finish off your touring setup, you can check out the full accessory range here.
- Aluminium extruded frame with stainless steel fittings.
- Double layered canvas – 9.2oz (+/- 10%) polyester rip stop
- Dimensions: Length 2.25m / 7′ 4.6″, Width 1.4m / 4′ 7.1″, Height 278mm / 10.94″
- Mattress: Thickness 80mm / 3.15″, Length 2.13m / 7′, Width 1.28m / 4′ 2″,
- Weight: 99Kg /218lbs aprox. excluding telescopic ladder
- 2.6m Telescopic ladder, second ladder mount and universal fitting kit/brackets supplied as standard
The detailed product specifications of the AX27™ Clamshell Rooftop Tent are listed below.
Unsure which rooftop tent is best for you? Check out the Rooftop Tent Comparison Table for a side by side comparison of the key features of our rooftop tents.
AX27 Clamshell Roof Top Tent - Overview
The AX27 Clamshell Rooftop Tent brings together The Bush Company’s many years of experience in aluminium fabrication and first hand experience in touring/camping. Whether you are looking for your first rooftop tent or upgrading your existing setup, the AX27 Clamshell Roof Top Tent will leave you knowing that you made the right choice.
The AX27 Clamshell Rooftop Tent is a high-quality camping tent designed to be mounted on the roof of a vehicle. It features a durable clamshell design that provides easy access and a spacious interior. The tent is made from high-quality materials that are designed to withstand the elements and provide a superior camping experience.
The AX27 Clamshell Rooftop Tent is easy to set up and can be installed on most vehicles with a roof rack or load bars The tent features a sturdy aluminium frame that provides stability and support, and the tent fabric is made from high-quality, waterproof double layered 9.2oz canvas that will keep you dry in any weather.
The tent features a spacious interior that can comfortably sleep two people. It also includes a dual layered 80mm / 3.15″ thick mattress with a removable canvas cover that provides a comfortable sleeping surface. The tent also features large windows that provide plenty of natural light and ventilation.
The AX27 Clamshell Rooftop Tent is designed to be easy to use and provides a comfortable camping experience. It is perfect for anyone who loves to camp and wants to take their camping experience to the next level. Whether you are camping in the mountains or by the beach, the AX27 Clamshell Rooftop Tent is the perfect way to enjoy the great outdoors.
The massive 5'7" / 1.7m opening height makes the tent feel spacious and roomy inside and means that you can sleep comfortably with your head at either end of the tent, so if you are in a sandy or muddy camping spot, with your pillows at the hinged end, you won't be dragging sand and dirt directly into your bed when you enter or exit the tent, and you won't be climbing over your partners face!
There's plenty of space inside the AX27 Clamshell Rooftop Tent to store all of your bedding, and the double roof storage and side pockets provide loads of space for your personal items. The electrical package has two 12V Cig socket outlets two twin USB sockets and a moveable tri-colour LED light, The connection to your vehicles power is a 50AMP Andersen plug mounted beneath the tent.
With the AX27 Clamshell Rooftop Tent you don't lose your roof loading space, the tent roof can hold up to 440lbs/200Kg in the closed position and will still fully open and remain open with up to 110lbs/50Kg mounted on the roof.
AX27 Clamshell Roof Top Tent – Product Specifications
- External Length: External Frame 2.25m /7′ 4.6″ (2.32m / 7′ 7″ inc hinges & handles)
- External Width: External 1.4m (4′ 7.1″), 1.45m (4′ 9″) including gas struts
- Height (exterior, closed): 278mm (10.94″) including roof rails and base extrusions
- Max Height (exterior, open): 1.75m (5′ 9″)
- Max Height (interior, headroom open): 1.7m (5′ 7″)
- Internal Mattress: Length 2.13m / 7′, Width 1.28m / 4′ 2″, Thickness 80mm / 3.15″
- Weight: Approximately 99kg (218lbs) excluding telescopic ladder
- Universal fitting kit/brackets included with tent.
- Large canvas removable one piece rainfly at rear and sides of the tent with heavy duty 8mm spring steel poles and adjustable storm straps for heavier wind conditions.
- Air vent above rear entrance with midge mesh and zipped canvas flap on inside.
- Fully seam welded lightweight alloy frame with high quality powder coated finish.
- 2m (6′ 6.7″) long cargo rails welded to the top of the roof, suitable for attaching accessories or the optional roof load bars .
- Internally reinforced roof, load rated to 200Kg (440lbs) when roof closed, or 50kg (110 lbs) when open.
- ‘Ezi-Slots’ extruded into the sides of base and top frame for easy attachment of accessories such as awnings, hi-lift jacks, light bars etc.
- Two layers of 310g/9,2oz (+/- 10%) polyester rip stop acrylic infused mould and mildew resistant canvas on body of tent.
- Three layers at entry points all with YKK zippers: external canvas storm door, high quality midge mesh and internal canvas door.
- Three entry point to tent, rear, left and right side.
- Internal movable battery powered LED light (shines white, yellow or red).
- Two sets of electrical sockets each with twin USB, CIG Socket plug, mounted to internal roof, with resettable thermal fuse.
- External 50 amp andersen plug mounted to underside of tent at hinged end on left side for connection to vehicles power.
- 12cm / 4.7″ of storage space above mattress when tent closed, so plenty of room for bedding, pillow, fishing rods, rifles etc.
- 6 storage pouches on inside of roof, 2 large pouches on each side at hinged end and convenient water bottle pockets on each side at open end.
- 80mm / 3.15″ thick mattress, split half super high density and half medium density with removable zipped canvas cover.
- Thermal marine carpet underneath mattress and carpeted internal roof liner.
- Telescopic 2.6m / 8′ 4.3″ aluminium ladder with attachment points at rear and sides of tent, supplied in canvas storage bag.
- Two heavy duty 20mm / 0.8″ high aluminium extruded foot rails underneath tent with M8 slots on sides and base for easy mounting, set 1050mm / 41.34″ apart centre to centres joined by multiple 25mm thick sections of welded box tubing for additional strength and floor support.
- 2 Year conditional warranty.
Rooftop Tent Care and Maintenance
We recommend that new tents are thoroughly wet down on the outside before first use. This will ensure that your tent performs well in wet weather by allowing the poly/cotton corespun thread and canvas to swell ensuring the take up of any potential leaks in the stitching.
– Do not use soap or detergents on the canvas.
– Do not store the product if wet, allow drying first.
– To clean use a soft brush and cold water.
– Do not expose to petrol, oils or harsh chemicals.
– Allow mould to dry
– Remove surface mould off with stiff bristle brush
– Vacuum the area
– Treat area with Oil of Clove spray (diluted spray can be purchased or can be mixed using a few drops of oil into a spray bottle of water)
Condensation is a natural occurrence in cold weather. In confined areas like tents the body releases more moisture than the canvas can dispose of. To help to reduce condensation build up, we recommend keeping some of the windows open on the tent to enable airflow on cold nights. If you are not using your tent for an extended period of time (more than 10 days) we recommend opening the tent regularly to allow it to air out, and possibly even remove the mattress and store it separately until your next trip.
Installing Your Rooftop Tent
A copy of the fitting instructions is available for download here
The Bush Company or one of our stockists can assemble and install your tent, but if you choose to install the rooftop tent yourself please make sure that you have done the due-diligence on your intended install to ensure that it does not create any safety issues and ensure that you follow standard safety precautions when undertaking the install.
If you are installing the rooftop tent yourself please watch our Pre-Insatll Assemply video for tents.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.