DX27 Clamshell Rooftop Tent
$3,995.00 Exc. Freight & Taxes
The DX27 Clamshell Rooftop Tent was designed and manufactured in South Africa and brings together The Bush Company’s many years of experience in aluminium fabrication. From The Bush Company’s first hand experience in touring/camping the DX27 Clamshell Rooftop Tent is an innovative product that set new benchmarks in quality, practicality and reliability.
Industry leading features include an extruded and welded aluminium alloy frame, a large rainfly at sides and rear, full length roof mounting rails, plus the convenience of setting up/packing down in under 90 seconds,
Whether you are looking for your first rooftop tent or upgrading your existing setup, the DX27 Clamshell Roof Top has a number of unique features that will leave you knowing that you made the right choice. The key features of the DX27™ are below and the full details are listed in the product specification tab below. To find out why we believe this is the best roof top tent on the market watch the full DX27 product review video here.
To help you fully customise your DX27 Clamshell Rooftop Tent, there’s a wide range of accessories available to really finish off your touring setup, you can check out the full accessory range here.
- Aluminium extruded frame with stainless steel fittings.
- Dimensions: Length 2.25m / 7′ 4.6″, Width 1.4m / 4′ 7.1″, Height 278mm / 10.94″
- Max Height (interior, headroom open): 1.4m (4′ 7″)
- Mattress: thickness 70mm / 2.76″ Length 2.13m / 7′, Width 1.28m / 4′ 7″
- Weight: Approximately 94Kg (207lbs) excluding telescopic ladder
- 2.6m Telescopic ladder, second ladder mount and universal fitting kit/brackets supplied as standard
The detailed product specifications of the DX27™ Clamshell Rooftop Tent are listed below.
Unsure which rooftop tent is best for you? Check out the Rooftop Tent Comparison Table for a side by side comparison of the key features of our rooftop tents.
DX27 Clamshell Rooftop Tent - Product Specifications
- External Length: External Frame 2.25m /7' 4.6" (2.32m / 7' 7" inc hinges & handles)
- External Width: External 1.4m (4' 7.1"), 1.45m (4' 9") including gas struts
- Height (exterior, closed): 278mm (10.94") including roof rails and base extrusions
- Max Height (exterior, open): 1.45m (4' 9")
- Max Height (interior, headroom open): 1.4m (4' 7")
- Internal Mattress: Length 2.13m / 7', Width 1.28m / 4' 7", Thickness 70mm / 2.76"
- Weight: Approximately 94Kg (207lbs) excluding telescopic ladder
- Universal fitting kit/brackets included with tent.
- Large canvas removable one piece rainfly at rear and sides of the tent with heavy duty 8mm spring steel poles and adjustable storm straps for heavier wind conditions.
- Air vent above rear entrance with midge mesh and zipped canvas flap on inside.
- Fully seam welded lightweight alloy frame with high quality powder coated finish.
- 2m (6' 6.7") long cargo rails welded to the top of the roof, suitable for attaching accessories or the optional roof load bars .
- Internally reinforced roof, load rated to 200Kg (440lbs) when roof closed, or 50kg (110 lbs) when open.
- 'Ezi-Slots' extruded into the sides of base and top frame for easy attachment of accessories such as awnings, hi-lift jacks, light bars etc.
- All three layers at entry points use YKK zippers: external canvas storm door, high quality midge mesh and internal canvas door.
- Three entry point to tent, rear, left and right side.
- Internal movable battery powered LED light (shines white, yellow or red) - note, tents ordered prior to November 2021 have a hard wired LED light.
- Electrical power box with twin USB, CIG Socket plug, mounted to internal roof, with resettable thermal fuse.
- External 50 amp anderson plug mounted to underside of tent at hinged end on left side for connection to vehicles power.
- 12cm (4.7") of storage space above mattress when tent closed, so plenty of room for bedding, pillow, fishing rods, rifles etc.
- 3 storage pouches on inside of roof, and 1 large pouch on each side at hinged end.
- 70mm / 2.75" thick mattress super high density foam with removable zipped canvas cover.
- Thermal marine carpet underneath mattress and carpeted internal roof liner.
- Telescopic 2.6m (8' 4.3") aluminium ladder with attachment points at rear and sides of tent, supplied in canvas storage bag.
- Two heavy duty 20mm (0.08" high) aluminium extruded foot rails underneath tent with M8 slots on sides and base for easy mounting, set 1050mm / 41.34" apart centre to centres joined by multiple 25mm thick sections of welded box tubing for additional strength and floor support.
- 2 Year conditional warranty.
Rooftop Tent Care and Maintenance
We recommend that new tents are thoroughly wet down on the outside before first use. This will ensure that your tent performs well in wet weather by allowing the poly/cotton corespun thread and canvas to swell ensuring the take up of any potential leaks in the stitching.
– Do not use soap or detergents on the canvas.
– Do not store the product if wet, allow drying first.
– To clean use a soft brush and cold water.
– Do not expose to petrol, oils or harsh chemicals.
– Allow mould to dry
– Remove surface mould off with stiff bristle brush
– Vacuum the area
– Treat area with Oil of Clove spray (diluted spray can be purchased or can be mixed using a few drops of oil into a spray bottle of water)
Condensation is a natural occurrence in cold weather. In confined areas like tents the body releases more moisture than the canvas can dispose of. To help to reduce condensation build up, we recommend keeping some of the windows open on the tent to enable airflow on cold nights. If you are not using your tent for an extended period of time (more than 10 days) we recommend opening the tent regularly to allow it to air out, and possibly even remove the mattress and store it separately until your next trip.
Installing Your Rooftop Tent
A copy of the fitting instructions is available for download here
The Bush Company or one of our stockists can assemble and install your tent, but if you choose to install the rooftop tent yourself please make sure that you have done the due-diligence on your intended install to ensure that it does not create any safety issues and ensure that you follow standard safety precautions when undertaking the install.
If you are installing the rooftop tent yourself please watch our Pre-Insatll Assemply video for tents.
We offer a range of shipping options including delivery to home addresses, businesses and freight depots.
If you have any questions regarding shipping, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone +1 (480) 486-6529.
All items are available for collection from The Bush Company USA at Suite #5, 580n 54th Street, Chandler, Arizona, 85226, please contact us to place your order and confirm date of collection. Please note that due to insurance and health and safety issues, you cannot self-fit your purchase on our premises.
Rooftop Tent Delivery
For delivery of rooftop tents to a residence or commercial business premises a forklift must be available at the delivery point and truck access, if this is not the case please contact us for a shipping quote to your nearest depot for collection.
If you want to have you items delivery to a depot for you to collect (often the cheapest option for large items) please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +1 (480) 486-6529 to obtain a shipping quote.
Damage In Transit
If you elect to have your items left in a safe place for home delivery, there is no opportunity for you to check that the item has arrived in good condition prior to accepting it, so The Bush Company USA cannot be held responsible for any claim for damage in transit or theft of items after delivery.
If you have elected to sign for your items (required for all tents and awnings) When the shipment arrives, it is essential that you check it thoroughly for any signs of damage before signing to accept the shipment. This means checking the exterior box and if there are any signs of damage externally then the box should be opened, and the product examined for any signs of damage to the product itself. This needs to be done before you sign anything to say that the item has been received, the driver needs to wait until you are satisfied. If you are not satisfied with the condition of the item, then you are entitled to refuse delivery and the courier will have to return the product to us.
If you do not follow this procedure and it turns out that the item has been damaged in transit, then there is no way for us to claim on the freight insurance to cover any damage as you have signed to say that the product has been received in good condition. Once you have signed for the delivery the courier company will interpret this as the item being delivered in good condition. If you sign anything and are not satisfied you must ensure that this is noted by the driver in writing and obtain a copy that is signed by the driver.